Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hard drive space issues?

It says on my C drive that I have 1.20GBs free space. I'm trying to download something that requires 945MB on my hard drive. So why does it say I don't have enough space? I also tried removing some programs, but it didn't seem to help at all.



It's a Sony Vaio by the way, if that helps.



Uhh I'm not really good at computers and such, so sorry if this isn't quite specific enough.



Please tell me what to do to fix this! :(



Hard drive space issues?div myspace





I suggest buying a larger hard drive for your computer . I have a 160 Gigabyte hard drive and have plenty of room. jIf a new hard drive is out of the question, you can compress the one you have. That will allow more room...Good luck.



Hard drive space issues?new myspace myspace.com



945Mb is nearly 1Gb. When you are downloading your C:\ Drive wherein the Operating System is installed needs double size as the file you download.



Your computer saves the file first on a Temporary internet files located in your C: drive and then save (Copy not Cut) it to another directory which you specified during download. This process is for safe transferring of files and thus does not require a delete action until you shutdown your computer. Explain further : Your computer saves the files twice and the other one will be deleted after shutdown. Uninstalling programs won't work since most programs need less disc space.



Buying an additional Hard drive is the perfect solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cafe racer